Dysten implemented the Dynamic Passenger Information System in the city of Nysa – one of the oldest Silesian cities, with an old town from the 13th century. There are 44.000 inhabitants in the city.
14 Variable Message Signs, 6 Dynamic Passenger Information Boards, and 30 buses are equipped with location devices were manufactured, supplied, and installed as part of the NYSA ITS project.
Variable Message Signs
Variable Message Signs (VMS) installed in key places, inform motorists about available parking spaces, obstructions, diversions. They display information about temperature and air quality. The devices comply with European standards and guidelines for variable message signs EN PN 12966, all use LED RGB technology (the screens display signs in any colour).
Dynamic Passenger Information Displays have been colour-coded to the urban architecture, housing in accordance with the guidelines of visual identification of the city of Nysa. They indicate the actual departure times of buses, calculated by data from locators in vehicles. The housings of the devices are completely corrosion resistant.
RGB LED matrices, mounted in passenger information boards, allow you to display characters in any colour scheme, with very high luminance. This allows you to read information freely in bright sunlight. The sensor system automatically reduces the brightness when it gets darker so as not to dazzle drivers and passengers.
Integration with mobile devices
The planned integration with smartphones will allow passengers to check the real departure times of buses from any stop on smart devices running Android, iOS, and Windows Phone operating systems.
Implementation effects and features of the Dysten devices:
- information about the actual arrivals of buses with the line number, time, possible delay,
- easily accessible information about parking spaces, diversions, traffic jams, weather conditions, based on VMS devices,
- high readability of displays regardless of the degree of sunlight due to specially selected LEDs,
- the corrosion resistance of equipment, high mechanical resistance,
- automatic reduction of the brightness when dark falls, so as not to dazzle drivers (advanced sensors and optimized management systems),
- safe windows with anti-glare filters to reduce reflections on passenger information displays.
Dysten – the manufacturer of variable content signs and passenger information boards – provides all its devices with service throughout their lifetime. Dynamic message signs devices, VMS road signs can be used in various places almost anywhere: in a tunnel, on a motorway, expressway, roundabout, on an ordinary street, or on a bridge. Do you want to know the prices of variable message signs, detailed specification of variable content road signs, changing VMS content, or jointly develop a concept for the use of VMS devices in your city? Read more about our technology and achievements.